Tuition & Fees
2012-2013 Academic Year
Anglican Diploma and Seabury DMin Courses
Anglican Studies course (M.Div., MTS, Certificate, Unclassified): $1500 per 3-credit course.
Audit: $325 per 3-credit course (recorded on official transcript)
Enrichment: $325 per course. Anglican Studies and D.Min in Congregational Development courses are open to Enrichment (non-credit) participants for $325 per course. An additional $25 fee is assessed for Continuing Education Units, if requested. Please see Enrichment section (below) for information on course expectations for Enrichment students.
D.Min in Congregational Development course: $1440. Other D.Min in Congregational Development program fees are as follows:
- Advising Fee: $100 per year charged $50/Summer term and $50/January term
- Candidacy Fee: $650 charged upon approval of the thesis proposal
- Graduation Fee: $100 charged after acceptance of thesis and before graduation
- Continuation Fee: $400 per year charged 6 months following the completion of all core courses and annually thereafter until the Degree is completed
Other Fees that apply to Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Diploma Certification Fee: $325 charged upon completion of work in the Diploma in Congreational Development or Anglican Studies Program, or in the Certificate in Congregational Development or Anglican Studies Program.
D.Min in Preaching
$3,420 per 3-week session (Summer 2012). For more information, see the ACTS DMin in Preaching website.
Registration Fees, Deadlines & Refund Policies
- A non-refundable $100 fee is due at the time of registration which serves as a deposit towards the course fee. The fee is only refundable if the course is cancelled by Seabury.
- All Anglican Diploma and D.Min Courses are offered in an intensive format. This format requires students to complete reading and assignments before the first meeting of the class. Because of this requirement, the registration deadlines for courses in the Anglican Diploma program and the D.Min in Congregational Development program are as follows:
Fall Term 2012: registration deadline is September 4, 2012
January Term 2013: registration deadline is December 26, 2012
Spring Term 2013: registration deadline is February, 2013
Summer Term 2013: registration deadlines:
- Week 1 Course: Congregations in the 21st Century: registration deadline Friday, May 28, 2013.
- Week 2 Course: Community Organizing for Missional Living: registration deadline June 3, 2013.
- Week 3 Course: Non-profit Management: registration deadline June 10,2013.
Late Registration and Fees
Students wishing to register after these dates must receive permission from the instructor and a non-refundable $50 late fee will be charged. Non-credit students, please see Enrichment/Audit section (below) for additional information.
Students withdrawing from a weekend-intensive course will receive refunds as follows:
- Withdrawal before the first weekend: full refund minus a $100 registration fee.
- Withdrawal during the first weekend: 60% refund
- Withdrawal after the first weekend and before the second weekend: 50% refund
- Withdrawal during or after the second weekend: no refund
Students withdrawing from a week-long intensive course will receive refunds as follows:
- Withdrawal before the first day: full refund minus $100 registration fee
- Withdrawal after the first day and before the second day: 75% refund
- Withdrawal after the second day and before the third day: 50% refund
- Withdrawal on or after the third day: no refund
For courses that are offered in a format other than above or that have a non-refundable registration fee other than $100, the withdrawl policy will conform as much as possible to the general structure of the policies listed above. There is no refund after June 14, 2013 for students taking the 3-day Kellogg program for enrichment.
- Students auditing or taking Anglican Diploma courses or D.Min courses for Enrichment (no credit) are expected to read materials assigned and be prepared to participate in class discussions. Enrichment/Audit students do not submit the assignments required for the course. The instructor is not required to read or respond to assignments submitted by Enrichment/Audit students.
- Students auditing or taking Anglican Diploma courses or D.Min courses for Enrichment (no credit) are subject to the same policies as students taking these courses for credit (see above) with the following exception: Enrichment/Audit students may register up to three days before the first class without incurring a late fee if they have received permission from the instructor. Enrichment/Audit students should contact the registrar to receive permission.
- Continuing Education Units: A non-refundable $25 fee is due at the time of registration for Enrichment students wishing to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) for an Anglican Diploma course or D.Min in Congregational Development course.
Bexley Financial Aid
- Seabury offers scholarship assistance to qualified students enrolled in one or more classes at Seabury who demonstrate financial need. The funding from this assistance comes from a pool of endowed scholarship funds from which Seabury makes an annual draw. To qualify for assistance, applicants must complete Seabury's Financial Aid Application, which includes a proposed income and expense budget. For more information, click here. Completed applications should be sent to:
- Seabury-Western Theological Seminary
- Attn: Financial Aid
- 8765 W Higgins Rd, Suite 650
- Chicago IL 60631
Seabury Statement of Qualification
- Financial aid is available for qualified Doctor of Ministry students for whom Seabury is their school of record.
- Financial aid is also available for all other qualified non-DMin students who pay their tuition directly to Seabury.
- Financial aid is granted at Seabury's discretion.